Resolve AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails Issue with Quick Fixes
AOL Mail is an old email service that has stood the test of time. However, email issues are still something that afflicts its users. One of the major complaints is about AOL Mail not receiving emails. Users accessing this mail on different devices, such as mobile or laptop, encounter this problem. For many users, suddenly not receiving expected messages can be shocking. But the great thing is that this issue isn’t permanent. By knowing about the various reasons for it, you can quickly troubleshoot it. In this article, we’ll give you the common causes behind it as well as different fixes.
Why Do You Find AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails?
This particular issue is an outcome of different causes. Apart from an unstable network connection, here’s a list of all the other triggers.
- The AOL server is down.
- The incoming email has landed in your spam or junk folder.
- Your sender has typed your email ID incorrectly.
- Your AOL inbox has exceeded its storage limit and cannot accommodate incoming messages.
- You have accidentally put your sender in the list of blocked contacts.
- Wrong AOL Mail server settings are another reason.
- You are using a browser that isn’t compatible with AOL.
Troubleshoot AOL Not Receiving Mails
After being aware of all the different causes, it’s time to fix them. Let’s uncover some good solutions for this glitch.
1. Check The Junk Folders In Your Account
The spam folder in AOL Mail gathers all the unwanted messages. But sometimes, important emails can also land there. So, you can review the folder contents if you face issues with receiving emails.
Simply navigate to the folder. Tap ‘More‘ and move the emails to your inbox. Now, you will find the emails you desire in your inbox.
2. Delete Email Filters
Wrongly configured email filters can also be behind you not receiving AOL emails. Head to the account settings and eliminate those filters.
- Login to your account on any device.
- Hit’ Options.’
- Next, find and tap ‘Mail Settings.’
- After that, tap ‘Filter Settings.’
- If you notice any active filters, choose them and hit the ‘Remove‘ button.
3. Know About The Mailbox Storage Limit
You’ll not receive new messages if your AOL mailbox is full of emails and the mail storage limit is finished. There are different styles of AOL mailboxes and all of them have different limits. If you have a unified inbox, all the emails will remain in the ‘Sent‘ and inbox folder till you yourself delete them. The original style of AOL mailbox can hold up to 1000 messages. In the old mail folder, 4000 messages can be stored. Both the new and old AOL Mail folders can store up to 5000 emails.
4. Disable Email Forwarding
It’s wise to check email forwarding settings if you are unable to receive AOL emails. Deactivate these settings through these points.
- Head to your AOL Mail account on your computer.
- Now, tap ‘Options.’
- Hit ‘Mail settings.’
- After that, tap the ‘Forwarding‘ option.
- Go ahead and disable it if you find it enabled.
5. Unblock Senders To Get Emails From a Specific Person
If you are wondering you aren’t receiving emails from a specific person, the answer lies in your blocked list. Make these modifications in your email account.
- Launch your mail account.
- Head to the ‘Settings‘ of the account.
- Tap ‘Blocked senders.’
- Now, choose their email addresses and hit ‘Delete.’
- You will now receive emails from these senders.’
6. Examine The POP And IMAP Server Configuration
It would be a good practice to examine the IMAP and POP configuration when you don’t get the expected emails. Sometimes, a problem with authorization can occur, which you can fix by using the correct settings. So, check if the server configuration matches the one mentioned here.
- The incoming or IMAP server name should be set as imap.aol.com.
- The Port number is 993, while the SSL is Yes.
- The incoming or POP3 server name should be pop.aol.com.
- The port number is 995, and SSL is essential.
- The outgoing or SMTP server name should be smtp.aol.com.
- Set the port number as 465.
- SSL type is optional.
- In the fields of username and password, enter your current AOL email ID and password, respectively.
7. Fix The Problem Of Not Receiving Emails With Images
Many people feel surprised when they notice AOL not receiving emails with images. If this scenario occurs, you must first look into the spam folder. After that, use these steps.
- Navigate to the mail settings of your AOL account.
- Now, hit on ‘General Settings.’
- Take away the tick on the option ‘Hide Images.’
- Now, save the changes you have made.
- You can now access emails with images in your email account.
8. Factory Reset Your Browser
Another reason why you are not receiving AOL mail may be the browser you are using. If you try to access AOL Mail on a browser that isn’t compatible with it, you’ll always face email issues. All the significant browsers, like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari, are compatible with AOL.
But if you use a supported browser and still face trouble receiving emails, try factory resetting it. Follow these pointers to factory reset Google Chrome.
- Launch the browser and tap the three-dot symbol.
- Now choose ‘Settings.’
- From the screen’s bottom, choose ‘Advanced.’
- Mac users should tap ‘Restore settings to their original defaults‘ followed by ‘Reset settings.’
- Windows users should tap ‘Reset settings.’
9. Fix Not Receiving Emails With Attachments In AOL Mail
If you find AOL not receiving mails with attachments, examine your mail settings. It’s likely that you’ve made an email filter for attachments that are not getting emails.
Note that you can only send an email that has a size of 25 MB. This size includes the total size with attachments. You’ll be unable to receive emails that exceed the 25 MB size limit.
The Bottom Line
Don’t worry if you suddenly notice your AOL Mail not receiving emails. Use these resolutions that take care of problems in email settings, browser, and server configuration. You will certainly find a resolution working for you. If not, it’s best to speak with an email technical support specialist.