Is Your Roadrunner Email Not Working? Try These Fixes
Roadrunner has rapidly become one of the popular email services in recent years. It’s mainly because of the features it provides to its users, such as huge storage and quick setup. However, sometimes, certain glitches may arise in the email service. You may find your Roadrunner email not working, which can bring your email communications to a halt. If you are facing this problem, we have compiled a full guide to help you troubleshoot them. In this article, you will discover the multiple causes of this email issue. Based on those causes, you can implement the resolutions that are explained.
Why Is My Roadrunner Email Not Working?
One of the most prevalent causes of this issue is the unstable signal strength of your internet. But if that is not the case with you, your Roadrunner email can malfunction due to these factors:
- Your SMTP, IMAP, and POP settings are incorrect.
- There’s a problem with the Spectrum email server.
- You are attempting to send too many attachments or attachments with a big size.
- There are synchronization issues.
- You are entering the wrong password and need to reset it.
- The recipient address you are entering is incorrect.
Resolutions For Roadrunner Email Not Working Issue
Now, let’s troubleshoot the factors mentioned above one by one. When you do so, you can easily find the trigger and avoid it in the future.
1. Examine the Settings of Your RR Email
If you have wrongly configured your email settings, you will face frequent errors. Here are the correct RR email settings.
Incoming Server Settings
- Input your Roadrunner email address in front of your Username.
- Type in your email password in the field of Password.
- Pop-server.maine.rr.com is the Server.
- 110 is your port.
- None is the Security type.
Outgoing RR Server Settings
- email@example.com is your Username.
- Your RR email password is the password.
- Check the field ‘Require Sign in.‘
- SMTP-server.maine.rr.com is the server.
- 587/25 is the port.
- The Security type is None.
- Inspect the Spectrum server.
If the mail server status is down, you will find your Roadrunner mail not working. It’s possible that the server is facing an outage. In that case, also, you will be unable to access it.
To check the status of the server, head to www.downdetector.com. If the server status is fine, it implies the issue lies on your side. You can proceed to the solutions below if this is the case.
2. Check Your Attachments
Another cause that prevents users from using the Roadrunner email efficiently is the size of the email attachments. If you are attempting to send heavy attachments to your recipients, you won’t be able to do so. In such an instance, you will view the emails you’ve sent back to your inbox.
A simple resolution would be to split a heavy email attachment into smaller ones. After that, send these attachments one at a time.
3. Reset Your Password
If you are troubled by login issues in your Roadrunner email account, try resetting your password. One of the common Roadrunner email problems is the inability to log in. It can also be an outcome of a hacked account or a locked account. So, the most effective method to get past this issue is to get your password reset.
Follow these instructions to change your credentials if you are the master account holder.
- Head to the Spectrum page.
- Now, pick the ‘Forgot Email Password?‘ option.
- Now, choose ‘I don’t know my email password.‘
- Input your email ID.
- Now, opt for the checkbox that says, ‘I’m not a robot.‘
- After that, choose ‘Submit.‘
- Give an answer to the security verification query.
- Now, choose the ‘Reset Password’ option.
- You will find a new password showing.
- Copy it or note it somewhere.
If you are not a master account holder and want to change your own password, use these pointers.
- Head to the ‘Subscriber Self Care‘ page of Spectrum.
- Once there, give your mail ID along with your password.
- An image with text in it will get displayed.
- Input the text and choose ‘Login.’
- Look below the ‘User Management‘ heading.
- You will find the ‘Change Password option.
- Select it.
- Now, input your existing password.
- After that, enter your new password.
- Confirm this password.
- After confirming it, choose ‘Change Password.‘
4. Double-Check Your Recipient’s Email ID
If you frequently find emails to a specific sender not getting sent, it’s worthwhile to check the recipient’s email address. It’s possible that you are inputting an inaccurate email address. At the same time, check if you have mistakenly marked the particular email address as spam.
Check your blocked email address list to see if you have blocked a specific email address or not. All these things can hinder you from dispatching emails.
Resolve Roadrunner Email Not Working On Your Phone
You can also face email problems on Android and iPhone devices. To fix it on your phone, follow the troubleshooting described in the sections below.
If you face email problems on Android, you need to check how you have set it up on your phone. Here is the correct setup to follow.
- Head to the ‘Mail‘ app.
- Enter your RR email address’s username along with the password to sign in.
- Now, head to POP settings for your incoming server.
- Enter your RR email account password.
- Now, input the needed POP settings.
- Choose the IMAP server.
- Now, enter its appropriate settings.
- Finally, tap ‘Done.‘
If you are experiencing Roadrunner email problems on your iPhone, try re-adding your account. First, go to ‘Settings.‘
- In settings, select ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.‘
- Noe hit the ‘Add Account‘ button.
- After that, tap ‘Roadrunner Email Service Name or Other.’
- Next, tap ‘Add Mail Account.‘
- Now, give your login details.
- After that, input the right incoming and outgoing mail server settings.
- Save the settings and tap ‘Close.‘
The Roadrunner email service mostly works fine. But sometimes glitches can creep up, leading to Roadrunner email not working. Use these solutions whenever you cannot work with your email account and save your time. You can also talk to email technical support experts to get more assistance.