How To Fix AOL Email Not Working Issue? [Solved]
Professionals widely use the AOL email service. There is no delay as it sends and receives emails in real-time. But sometimes, users state that while operating the AOL email, it suddenly stops working. AOL email not working issue can occur due to various reasons in the computer, Android, and iPhone devices.
Through the medium of this blog, we will elaborate on the primary reasons for the issue. You will also learn how to fix this issue on different devices using troubleshooting methods. Let’s start.
Related Post: Why AOL Emails Missing
Why Does AOL Email Not Working?
There are different reasons why your AOL mail not working or stops working. The reasons given below can harm your AOL mail also. The reasons are
- Due to the excessive cache and cookies on your browser.
- When the browser’s extension or add-ons stop AOL from performing.
- AOL mail server outages.
- Slow internet.
- Due to utilizing the outdated version of the browser.
- A minor bug infected the AOL Mail app.
- Improper email server settings.
- When the app is not updated on mobile devices.
- System antivirus interrupts AOL functioning.
After knowing all the reasons for the AOL email problems, we are now moving toward the fixation process.
Steps to Fix When AOL Email Not Working on iPhone and Android
In this section, we are going to provide you with the best techniques to fix the issues on iPhone, Android, and Windows. Here we go.
AOL Email Not Working on iPhone
Whenever you notice that AOL is not working on your iPhone, in that case, follow the given steps and fix the issue.
- First, you should restart your iPhone.
- Also, make sure that your device is connected to a robust and stable internet connection.
- Update the app to the latest release
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Setup the AOL email settings with the given steps:
- Firstly, open the settings on your iPhone device.
- Secondly, scroll down to choose Password & Accounts option.
- Now, tap on Add Account option.
- After that, choose the Other option.
- Tap on Add Mail account.
- Now, enter the asked information, like Name, email, and password, and tap on Next.
- Here, tap on the POP and enter the following
- Hostname – secure.myvcaol.com
- Username – your full email address
- Password – same AOL password
- Tap on IMAP and provide the following
- Hostname – secure.myvcgmail.com
- Username – full email address
- Password – same AOL password
- Lastly, tap on Next.
AOL Email Not Working on Android
When AOL is not performing on Android, follow the given steps:
- First, restart your Android device.
- Check the internet connectivity.
- Update your AOL app.
- If the update doesn’t help you, uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Clear the AOL app cache with the accompanying means:
- Open Andriod device Settings.
- Go to the Apps.
- Now, select the AOL app.
- After that, tap on the Clear Cache from the AOL app screen.
- Set the IMAP and POP settings on the device
- Open Settings and go to the Accounts or Sync section.
- Then tap on IMAP or Email or Personal account.
- Now, tap on Account Settings.
- Next, tap on IMAP settings.
- Choose Incoming settings.
- AOL Mail POP port: 995.
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- IMAP – 993-SSL
- SMTP – 465-SSL
- Repeat the same for the POP (Outgoing Mail settings)
- AOL Mail POP3 server address: pop.aol.com.
- AOL Mail POP username: Your AOL Mail username
- AOL Mail POP password: Your AOL Mail password.
- Tap on Done.
After performing the fixation of the AOL issue, we are going to fix the issue with the Windows system.
Related Post: Why AOL IMAP Not Working
How To Resolve AOL Email Not Working On Windows?
There are many reasons why your AOL is not operating well, in this section, we will fix the issue with easy methods. Following are:
1. Clear Cache and Cookies
When the AOL email not working on the Windows browser, there can be excessive cache and cookies, which are prevent AOL from performing. So, clear the cache and cookies with the following steps:
- Firstly, from the browser, go to the More or Menu option.
- Secondly, click on the Settings option.
- Then, click on Privacy and Security.
- After that, go to Clear Browsing History.
- From here, set a Date Range to clear the cache history and cookies.
- At last, click on Clear Data.
After clearing the cache data, if you still face the issues, then go through the following method.
2. Disable Extensions or Add-Ons
Sometimes, the browser’s extensions are the primary reason the AOL email not working. So, disable them with the following steps and get AOL back to work:
- Go to the browser’s Menu.
- Then, go to More Tools.
- Click on Extensions.
- Now, you can see different extensions.
- To disable the extension, click on the Blue drag button. If you want to remove the extension, click on Remove.
- After disabling the Extensions, check for the error.
If the error persists, we have another method for you.
3. Update The Browser
When the browser is not updated to the latest version, there are possibilities that AOL email not working on it. So to fix the issue, it’s a must to you have to update it with the given steps:
- From the Menu, click on Help.
- Click on About Google Chrome.
- Click on Update if updates are available. If you can’t see the Update button, your browser is updated with the latest version.
- When the updates are complete, restart your computer.
4. Configure AOL Email Settings
The improper configuration of AOL email settings is also why AOL email not working. So configure the right AOL email settings. The following are the steps:
- Open Outlook and go to File.
- Then, choose the AOL email account from the Account Information window drop-down.
- Now, select Account Settings and then Server Settings.
- Here click on the Incoming Mail option and enter the following
- Server name: imap.aol.com
- Port Number: 993
- Encryption Required: SSL
- After that, click on the Outgoing Mail option an d enter:
- Server name: smtp.aol.com
- Port Number: 465
- Encryption Required: SSL
- Authentication Required: Yes
- At last, click on Next and then Done.
Related Post: Why AOL Mail Not Syncing
With this blog, we provide you with the troubleshooting methods to fix the AOL email not working issue. You get the steps for the primary devices – iPhone, Android, and Windows systems. It is suggested to constantly update your AOL application and the browser for the smooth functioning of AOL Mail. You can get in touch with the email assistant pro experts if the issues continue; they surely provide the best for your concern. Thank You!