AOL Mail Keeps Crashing? Use These 5 Fixes to Resolve It
AOL Mail isn’t one in which you face email issues. However, occasionally, the mail does face errors and crashes like other good email services. One of the common problems reported is that AOL Mail keeps crashing. These crashes can be annoying for many users, especially those who want to access it to send or receive an important email. But have you ever wondered what might cause this problem in the first place?
In many cases, the crash occurs when you download another software (preferably a third-party software) on your system. However, there are also other triggers or causes for it. Let’s find out all about them.
Related Post: Why AOL Email Not Working
Why Does Your AOL Mail Keeps Crashing?
The crashing problem in AOL Mail may be frustrating, but it is a very common occurrence. What’s more, you can easily resolve the causes of all the crashes by yourself. Here is why you may find your mail crashing often.
- You are using an obsolete version of AOL Mail.
- The internet connection isn’t strong.
- Your antivirus or security software is causing a problem in the working of AOL Mail.
- Faulty or improper installation of the AOL Mail app.
- Your browser is filled with cache and cookies.
- Wrong AOL Mail privacy settings.
- The device you use to access AOL Mail is under a virus attack.
Fixes to Use When AOL Keeps Crashing
Now that you are a lot familiar with the causes let’s begin troubleshooting this issue. Here are the varied fixes you can employ.
1. Install the Latest AOL Mail App Release
Today, a vast majority of users access AOL Mail on their phones. But if you haven’t updated the mail app, you will face problems in its working, which include loading issues. Update the program is the way to go to fix the issue. You can use these pointers to update your Android device.
- Open your Android phone.
- Head to the tab of ‘Application.’
- Now, choose this tab.
- After that, tap on ‘Search.’
- In the search, write AOL Mail.
- Now, choose the AOL Mail app.
- Lastly, click the ‘Update Application‘ button to begin updating the mail app.
- Tap the ‘Install‘ button and carry out the update process.
2. Reinstall the AOL Mail App
As mentioned in the section on causes, faulty installation of the mail app can possibly lead to AOL crashing. It occurs due to the presence of small technical glitches in the application. In some cases, reinstalling the software will help resolve this. But first, you’ll need to uninstall your application.
To uninstall the app, go through these steps.
- Click and hold the AOL app you desire to uninstall.
- Keep tapping and holding it till you see the icons shaking.
- Now, click the X symbol present in the corner of the app.
- After that, click ‘Delete.’
- Hit the ‘Home‘ button on your device.
Don’t reinstall immediately. Wait for about 30 seconds before reinstalling. After this time period, head to the Apple Store or the Google Play Store as per your device’s operating system. From here, you can install the mail app again.
3. Delete the App Cache
When too many cache and cookies accumulate in your AOL account, you will face the AOL crashing issue. Excessive cookies and cache also negatively impact the performance of your mail. Here are the guidelines you can employ to clear them from your mail app.
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ menu of the device you use to access your AOL Mail.
- Head to the area of ‘Applications.’
- From here, choose ‘Application Manager.’
- Find the AOL Mail app from the list that appears.
- Tap the option of ‘Storage.’
- There will appear two options for you, namely, ‘Clear Cache‘ and ‘Clear Data.’
- You need to choose both of them.
- Clearing of cache and cookies will take some time. All you can do at this time is wait till it finishes.
- Now, restart your device.
- After that, sign into your AOL account.
- Check if the problem has been fixed.
4. Examine your Login Data and Reset the AOL Mailbox (if Necessary)
If you find AOL Mail crashing when you try to log in, you must examine your login information. Inspect all the login details and ensure that you are typing in the correct email, password, and username. Even if you enter one of them incorrectly, you’ll be unable to sign in to your mail account. Passwords are always case-sensitive. So, ensure that you’re using the right keyboard keys when you enter that.
But if you still find the crashing issue persisting, it makes sense to reset your AOL mailbox. To perform the reset, use these instructions.
- Head to the Mailbox state to begin this procedure.
- Once there, click the ‘Reset‘ button.
- Now, sign out of the AOL account.
- After that, sign in again and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
5. Restart your AOL App by Force-Stopping it
Another easy fix to use when you find AOL keeps crashing is to simply force-stop your AOL app and restart it. The procedure for doing so is highly straightforward, but it can resolve the glitches affecting the app’s performance.
- Head to the ‘Settings‘ of your device.
- After that, go over to the ‘App‘ section.
- Now, choose the ‘AOL‘ option.
- Now, select the button ‘Force Stop.’
- A confirmation window will emerge on the screen. On this window, you’ll be required to confirm your action of force stop.
- Tap ‘Force Stop‘ once more.
- Finally, restart your app. See if this action has given you the desired outcome or not.
Read Also: Why AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails
The Bottom Line
For every regular AOL Mail user, finding their email repeatedly crashing is not a pleasant sight. Fortunately, there are a lot of simple fixes you can use when you find that your AOL Mail keeps crashing. Use them to eliminate this annoying problem on your device. If you need more assistance, connect with a professional email technical support service professional.