How to Resolve AOL Search not Working Issue? [Complete Solution]
AOL is full of features that make emailing easier for users. Most users utilize the AOL Mail service for professional work where as minor community users use it for personal use like education mail or communication. But being an email client program, it is also unsafe from the technical glitches that can occur for many reasons. These glitches also create many issues. In this blog, we highlight one of these glitches’ results. AOL Search Not Working is one of them. Many users reported that they need help to be able to use the Search Bar in AOL Mail. We are going to provide the proper explanations for why this is happening with your AOL. Here we go.
Related Post: Why AOL Email Not Working
Why is the AOL Mail Search Not Working?
There can be many reasons preventing the use of the Search Bar and showing you the AOL search not working issue. These are:
- Your AOL is facing an internet connectivity issue.
- When AOL needs to be updated to the latest release.
- Not using an Updated web browser.
- When the Firewall blocks the operation of AOL Mail.
- If you are using AOL on the browser, then the cache is the primary cause.
- Some other running programs affect AOL working.
- Due to the AOL server outage.
After knowing the proper explanation for why the search not working on AOL Mail, now, it is time to fix the issue with some easy solutions.
Related Post: Why AOL Mail Not Syncing
How to Fix AOL Search Not Working Issue?
Here, you will get the solutions to fix the AOL search mail not working issue permanently. Follow the given solutions:
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connectivity
When your AOL Search not working, the first thing you should do is check your internet connection. We sometimes blame the service, but the real culprit is the internet. To test internet connectivity, open any website in the same browser. If the website does not open, you should contact the service provider. If the website loads, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Your Web Browser
When your internet is performing well, and you still face the AOL Search Not Working, you should update the web browser. It seems that when you are using an outdated web browser, you are probably facing some issues with your AOL working. So to fix the issue, you have to update it and then use AOL Mail. The following are the steps:
For Windows – Chrome
- Firstly, go to the Chrome Menu from the top right.
- Then, click on the Help and then choose the About option.
- Now, if any updates are available, click on the Update button to update your chrome browser. If the Update button is not there, then you are using the updated Chrome version.
- When the updates finish, relaunch the browser and check for the AOL Search not working issue.
For Mac – Safari
- To begin, navigate to the Apple menu in the upper right corner.
- Second, select Preferences, followed by System Preferences.
- Following that, select Software Update.
- Install updates if you see them on the screen.
Solution 3: Clear Browser Cache
The cache and cookies in the browser store the website’s memories. These memories can interfere with AOL mail functionality and prevent AOL from accessing. To fix the AOL Search not working problem, clear the browser cache and cookies as follows:
For Microsoft Windows
- Click the Menu button of the Browser.
- Then, under More Tools, select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- To clear the cache of a specific date range, you must now select a Date Range. Select All Time from the drop-down if you want to clear all cache and cookies.
- Then click the Clear Data button.
- Finally, restart the browser and look for the AOL Search not working issue.
For the Mac
- First, select Preferences from the Safari drop-down menu.
- Now, select the Show Develop menu bar checkbox on the Advanced tab. Close the Preferences dialogue box.
- Then, select the Empty Cache option from the Develop drop-down menu.
- Restart the browser as the final step.
Solution 4: Disable Firewall
The system antivirus is also the primary cause of the AOL search not working issue, which causes you to be unable to send and receive emails from AOL. To resolve the issue, temporarily disable the system antivirus. Disable the antivirus by performing the following steps:
- In the first step, navigate to Windows Start.
- Then, in the search box, enter Windows Security and select the Windows Security app.
- Then, under Windows Security, you have to select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Select Virus & Threat Protection Settings menu.
- Click on Manage Settings.
- After that, turn off Real-Time Protection.
- Finally, open the AOL email and look for the problem.
Solution 5: Clear Android and iPhone Cache
If you use an Android or iPhone to access the AOL app, you must also clear the cache on those devices. Follow these steps to remove them from both of these devices and fix the AOL search not working issue:
For The Android
- To begin, go to your phone’s settings.
- Second, scroll down and select “Apps” from the menu.
- When you arrive, open the AOL app.
- The “App Info” screen will appear. Select “Storage.”
- Finally, tap “Clear cache” again to affirm your action.
For The iPhone
- To begin, navigate to the ‘Settings section of your device.
- Tap the “General” section within it.
- Now, look for and select “iPhone Storage.”
- Following that, you will see a large number of the apps you have downloaded on your iPhone.
- Then, find and launch the AOL app.
Related Post: Why AOL IMAP Not Working
Now, you know how to tackle the AOL Search not working issue. We have provided you with five solutions that can easily fix the issue. We also mention the steps to resolve this issue in Android and iPhone. It is always recommended to update the browser and app. However, if the error still continues, then, Email our email technical support or Live Chat with us to resolve the issue permanently. Thank You!